2018 By Western Hands Invitational Design Exhibition
Building on the tradition of the Western Design Conference and Cody High Style, By Western Hands annual fall Exhibition brings together today’s top Western artists, scholars, collectors, interior designers, architects, and fashion designers with a passion for the West.
The exhibition is located on the south lawn of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and showcases new work from more than 30 world-class artisans.
Visit bywesternhands.org for more details on this year’s exhibition.
Thursday, Sept 20th – Exhibition & Reception
- Exhibit Hours: 10 am to 5 pm
- Artisan and Patron Reception (by invitation only); Exhibition Tent, 6 to 8 pm
Friday, Sept 21st – Exhibition & Educational Lecture
- Exhibit Hours: 10 am to 6 pm
- By Western Hands will host Asa Christiana, former chief editor Fine Woodworking Magazine, freelance writer, author and craftsman as their speaker on Friday, September 21st, 3:00 PM in the Coe Auditorium at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
- Mr. Christiana’s program is entitled: From Molesworth to Maker and Back Again: How Today’s Young Artisans are Reinventing Traditional Crafts.
- Book Signing: 4:15 to 5:00 pm, located in the Buffalo Bill Center of the West Gift Store near the main entrance
- Book title: Handmade- Make the Things You Use Everyday
Saturday, Sept. 22nd – Closing Day
- Exhibit Hours: 8 am to 2 pm (closes promptly)