2019 By Western Hands Invitational Design Exhibition
About By Western Hands
By Western Hands™, a non-profit organization will preserve the legacy of western design by promoting today’s top artisans, educating the craftsmen of the future and preserving the iconic designs for future generations to enjoy.
By Western Hands™ (BWH) is a non-profit organization that was founded by Cody community members to preserve the legacy of western design by promoting today’s top artisans, educating the craftsmen of the future and preserving the iconic designs for future. The organization celebrates and honors both living and deceased artists’ legacies in its museum and archive, while promoting active artists’ work through rotating exhibitions and public programs that highlight their techniques. As many master artisans near the end of their career, BWH sees an immediate need to preserve their knowledge, techniques, and legacy through education. BWH partners with local high schools and Northwest College of Wyoming to connect current and future generations of western artisans to ensure that these traditional arts will continue to thrive for years to come.
Visit bywesternhands.org for more information!
- Monday, September 16
- 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM By Western Hands – Molesworth-style medicine/curio cabinet workshop with John Gallis -Day one. Gallis, an award-winning woodworker with over 40 years experience, will guide you through a custom furniture build using a fresh perspective on western furniture. The two-day class features instruction, materials, and lunch at Norsemen Designs West. Cost $775, limited to 8 participants. Reservations required.
- Tuesday, September 17
- 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM By Western Hands – Day two – Workshop with John Gallis – See Monday’s listing for details.
- Wednesday, September 18
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM By Western Hands – Hand-forged wall coat hooks workshop with Glenn Gilmore at the By Western Hands Design Center. Cost $100, limited to 6 participants. Reservations required
- Thursday, September 19
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM By Western Hands – Sawdust, Saddles, and Sips. Take a ride through the workshops of Arrowleaf Studio, Norseman Designs West, Santos Fine Furniture, and Seidel’s Saddlery in a stretch limousine. Reservation fee includes champagne, snacks, luxury transportation to and from By Western Hands and to each workshop along the way. Cost $150 per person, up to 10 participants. Reservations required.
- Friday, September 20
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM By Western Hands – Cabin Style conversation and book-signing with Chase Reynolds Ewald at the Coe Auditorium in the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Book will be available for purchase in advance at By Western Hands. Cost $20 per person, limited to 160 participants. Reservations required.