Dean Mitchell is known for his figurative works, landscapes, and still lifes. He is accomplished in watercolors as well as egg temperas, oils, and pastels. Mitchell is a graduate of the Columbus College of Art and Design in Columbus, Ohio. Mitchell’s art hangs in corporate and museum collections across the country including the St. Louis Art Museum, Autry National Center, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Phoenix Art Museum, Buffalo Bill Center of the West and the Library of Congress. The recipient of over 600 awards, he received Gold and Silver Medals from the American Watercolor Society and the Loa Ruth Sprung Award from the National Watercolor Society. Dean won the Premier Platinum Award and the William E. Weiss Award, both awards from the Buffalo Bill Art Show & Sale in 2013.
- Astoria Fine Art, Jackson, WY
- Cutter & Cutter Fine Art, St. Augustine, FL
- E&S Gallery, Louisville, KY
- Hearne Fine Art, Little Rock, AR
- J. Willott Gallery, Palm Desert, CA
- Morris & Whiteside Galleries, Hilton Head Island, SC